Fall 2021 Start Strong Assessments
• Start Strong Fall 2021 is intended to…
• Produce information that should be used as a standards-based complement to the resources used
by educators in their classrooms to evaluate the needs of students.
• Be administered quickly, in person, and provide immediate results.
• Meet federal flexibility for the 2020-2021 school year associated with the administration of general English language arts (ELA)/mathematics/science assessment, including public reporting of school- level results disaggregated by subgroup.
• Start Strong Fall 2021 is not intended to…
• Replace local standards-based benchmark assessments districts may already have in place.
• Replace the spring 2022 New Jersey Student Learning Assessments (NJSLA) statewide summative assessments.
For more information click on the link below: